What do you do? When you are coming home from work and all you really want to do is stop at a bar and have a drink before heading home. Do to work frustrations. Instead I stopped at the corner store, bought a bag of chips and ate them.

I don't want to drink alcohol and I don't want to stuff my emotions/feeling with junk food.
Where do I channel this negative energy.
I am too exhausted to exercise or do anything physical.
What would you do?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 9:44 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• Run. I know you said you're too tired, but running regularly will give you more energy. And it's a heck of a lot better for stress relief than junk food or alcohol. Trust me when I tell you, it helps out a TREMENDOUS amount with stress!!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 9:48 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Sleep, take a walk, read a book.

Answer by louise2 at 9:49 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I usually make a phone call and b*tch one of my friends or my LP's ear off. Aside from the fact that I have been pregnant or nursing for so long I can't remember what a "happy hour" is...I don't think there is anything wrong with stopping to have a drink every once in a while. Even when I am not pregnant or nursing, I only have a drink or two a YEAR, so if I really felt like I wanted one, I would stop and have one.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:53 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I dont drink, so If im in the car I just blast the radio and not worry about things. If I am at home I just put on a good movie and get into that.
    Ashley-England

Answer by Ashley-England at 1:31 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I don't do it on a regular basis, I have to be REALLY stressed. But I would get that bad of chips and a slim jim. But for me calling my friend and chewing on her ear always helps. And working on get some ME time helps too. Even if it is for 30 minutes.
    dukester050128

Answer by dukester050128 at 3:13 PM on May. 14, 2011