Do you know what Alicia Silverstone ( The Actress ) named her first baby?

Bear Blu, I know. Seriously, you've got to be kidding me. If I were to ask a two or three year old what to name a new born child, this is the answer I would expect. Not the norm from a well known grown up actress. That name could hurt later in life. Kids are gonna have fun with that name in school. I seriously don't think she took that into consideration.

Avitar

Asked by Avitar at 9:53 PM on May. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't think she took that much into consideration either. I think have all these actresses and actor have a bet going to see who will name their kid the wildest name in the world.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:56 PM on May. 12, 2011

• A lot of famous people name their kids off the wall names, but that is their right to do so!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:57 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Yeah, what in the world!!! One day many years from now, when he wants to be taken seriously, that name should go!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 9:58 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I say its her kid and she will have to live with it what about the Zappa children Moonunit dweezil.devo muffin. Or Nicholas Cage his son is named Kal L (Super mans real name.)
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:58 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Jason Lee named his son Pilot Inspektor

This is my ridiculous star child name to measure against, and Bear Blue ranks unfortunate, but not as much as Pilot Inspektor (and I know how to spell Inspector... but that is seriously the way Lee spelled it)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:59 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i have a homeopathic doctor named Bear Walker and he's native american. did you ever consider it may be an ancestral name
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:59 PM on May. 12, 2011

• strange but heck so is Apple or Pear...

traren

Answer by traren at 10:00 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Unfortunately, momofone725, it isn't anything of the sort... It's just a bad choice.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:03 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Holy crap.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:06 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Pinkdragon, I have to defend Mr Cage, though! I wanted to name my son Kaleb Luke which fit our name plans - "K" first name we loved, Biblical middle name. I wanted it because The he would be Kal L. I didn't think it was too off the wall, but once DH found out my plan he vetoed it :-( And we had a girl. So, it was kinda moot.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:06 PM on May. 12, 2011