How do you spend the day without the DH and kids?

I'm trying to have a mommy day to myself, but every time I try something happens to ruin my plans. I was thinking of just telling everyone I was going to work and then spend the day alone. How do you guys plan mommy days to yourself?

momof2boys423

Asked by momof2boys423 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• I dont really have those days but I do have a friend who does. She takes the day and goes and does FUN CRAP. Last time she went to an amusement park by herself LOL. Sometimes she goes to lasor tag and arcades. Another time she went to the beach for the day alone.

Answer by gemgem at 7:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Never happened...I don't think I've ever even been to the grocery store alone.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• A day without DH and kids? That's just a fairytale!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I dont get time without my kids, my SO works alot so when he is home I just want to be with him rather than going out by myself!! But if i did...... I think Id get my nails done and maybe buy an outfit and a purse or shoes and come home and take a nap that would be a day in heaven for me but everytime im without my kids i miss them so much sometimes i dont have much fun anyway!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I personally dont like to be with out my husband and child but Im only 22 and my son is getting ready to be 2 so Im sure I will be looking for a break at some point lol. I really do love being around my little family, we do every thing togeather besides when my husband wants to get up at 5am to go fishing every other sunday while my butt is sleeping in with baby. But I guess if I had some alone time I would probably just relax or go get my nails done.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Sleeping, grocey shopping, cleaning, getting hair or nails done
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 8:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Shopping, baking, reading, watching movies.

Answer by Bmat at 9:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Never happened here... I didn't even know that was possible! lol But I would love to be able to go shopping by myself again, just for a couple of hours. Maybe go to a bookstore and get a coffee and look at some books. I used to do that all the time before I got married! Wow, that sounds really nice right now!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 10:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Can you explain more about what that is.....wink mini

The only place I ever go without Dh or my son, is work

If I could get one of those days, it would be a day at the spa, bookclub with friends, if I could get more than a day alone which I know will not happen, but the Queen can dream....I would be in the islands but I am sure after a day or 2, Dh and my son would followbig smile mini

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Meet girlfriends for lunch and shopping, relax at home, get my hair done or just read a book.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 6, 2008