I am currently trying to concieve, so I'm taking a prenatal vitamin. For the first time it has made me sick. Could this be because I didn't eat supper, or could I finally be pregnant?

We've been trying since January. I haven't had cramps as badly this month as I normally do, but I don't want to get my hopes up...

mrsjon

Asked by mrsjon at 10:12 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Woot! That is actually one of the very first signs I had with my first child. My prenatals all of the sudden made me sick, and I had been on them for months. Test, test, test!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:27 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Sometimes prenatals need to be mixed with foods. Ive taken prenatals for 2 years just because they are good for me. Take a test.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 10:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• those things made me sick before during and after with all 3 of my kids...i always took them at night before bed
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:16 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Those made me so sick while I was pregnant that I had to stop taking them. No matter when I took them or with what, I still got sick.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:19 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I do take mine at night, but that's because it's when I take my other meds. I have had friends who recommend taking them at night. I think I'll mosey into the kitchen for some saltines, and take a test over the weekend when I get home. I'm at my parents' now, and the last thing I need is them seeing it!

Thanks to both of you!
    mrsjon

Comment by mrsjon (original poster) at 10:19 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Thanks, all of you, who answered my question! Yesterday I was finally able to be alone to take a test. It was positive!! I'm going to the doctor next Tuesday. I'm so excited! And I have to share this: My husband and I have a devotion each night before we go to bed, and we close in prayer. He prayed for "the child growing inside Sarah" (that's me, obviously). The whole time I've suspected I've been praying for our baby, but it was so sweet to hear it from him.
    mrsjon

Comment by mrsjon (original poster) at 8:31 AM on May. 18, 2011