How much weight can you lift while pregnant?

I am about to move saturday but I am wanting to start packing now. I am 23 weeks along. I dont want to call my doctor this late just to ask a silly question.

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 10:17 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i was lifting 50-60 lbs boxes up and down stairs when i was 36 weeks pregnant and moved
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:21 PM on May. 12, 2011

• As long as you didn't have some sort of issue before pregnancy and the doc hasn't said anything during then anything you feel comfortable with should be fine. I work where we routinely lift 60-80 pounds (part of our job description) and we currenlty have two women who are due this summer contining to do their jobs and lifting 60-80 lbs when needed.
    Anonymous

• I have never talky worried about it. I just lift what I have the strength for.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:38 PM on May. 12, 2011

• If your used to lifting stuff, you can do up to 80, but if you are not, I advise staying 30lbs or under
    Cherrycatt

Answer by Cherrycatt at 10:38 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I lifted 200lb residents all day until I was 9 months pregnant. I'm due in 7 days now and I'm fine and so is the baby. Your body can do what it did before pregnancy..
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:30 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I was told by the midwife to lift no more than a toddler weighs...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:07 AM on May. 13, 2011