Did a family member ever betray you?

If so, how so, who was it and were you able to recover from it? It's been 3 years since my sister betrayed me and even though I speak to her, I just don't feel the same about her anymore and I don't trust her either. She repeated personal confidence that I told her to my SO. He was upset but it didn't ruin our relationship...However, even though she somewhat apologized after quite some time, I just don't think i will ever feel the same. Also, shall I add, that she isn't the sweetest to me even after 3 years so I don't feel particularly close to her. Also, it was the second time she had done that with my SO and apparently she said stuff to my ex. too but she says she didn't..that he tricked her into speaking about some stuff and she only told him because she thought he already knew...but 3 times being betrayed is a bit much. On top of that, she is constantly in competition with me...I have never been in competition with her...quite the contrary..I tried to just be there for her as a sister.

bianca2422

Asked by bianca2422 at 10:17 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• never... and Im 43.
    Anonymous

• My mother has, on multiple occasions. I'm still kind of 'ehhh' around her.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 10:20 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Yep a few of them and no l don't trust them and I have cut them out of my life.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:23 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I have never been betrayed by a family member.

Seems that your sister is jealous of you.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:23 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Yes my sister is the worst of anyone I have ever meet. We will respect each other a bit but we have nothing to say to each other. I am ok with that. It hurts that I dont see my neices but honestly I have 4 other sitters 2 sil and 5bilaws I am sure Ill be an auntie to those children when they have them :)
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 11:10 PM on May. 12, 2011

• yep, by my sister. i can be around her and talk and be fine, but i do not trust her with my words, nor do i have very much respect for her.
    2callmemom09

Answer by 2callmemom09 at 11:45 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Not me personally, but my aunt (dad's sister) was talking badly about my momma on FB. So I sent her a message and told her flat out that I had no respect for her and what I thought of her. Then, I blocked her. Nobody talks bad about my mom.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:30 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My mother did when I was 18. I was going through a really rough time (giving a deposition in a wrongful death lawsuit where I was the defendant) and on the way up to the lawyers office in the elevator she just turned to me and started viciously berating me for being a failure and causing so much pain and misery for my family. There were strangers in the elevator so I didn't want to lose it on her and just calmly told her she was no longer welcome in the deposition. Since then things have gotten better but it's still always on my mind when I see her. She never once apologized for it directly. She's given excuses (extreme depression/bi-polar tendencies) but honestly, no mother should EVER say the things she said to me that day....
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 3:55 AM on May. 13, 2011