Paragaurd - I better not be pregnant :(

SO i had the ten year paraguard iuc put in after my five month old son was born..had four regular periods...and now im five days late...when my doctor inserted it she told me i may not have a period at all but i am worried because i was having them and now im not..Anyone have this or have any advise???

AMBERDAWN2008

Asked by AMBERDAWN2008 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im so scared :(
    AMBERDAWN2008

Answer by AMBERDAWN2008 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Anyone im panicing
    AMBERDAWN2008

Answer by AMBERDAWN2008 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• are you breast feeding?
    Amanda9

Answer by Amanda9 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• no not breastfeading :(
    AMBERDAWN2008

Answer by AMBERDAWN2008 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I had a mirena IUD. And I didnt have a period for a while. If it has a slow release of hormones that could be a reason. Try not to freak out. If you still have the packaging read up on some side effects, or I am sure you can do that online... if your still concerned I would call your doctor.
    shana.maria81

Answer by shana.maria81 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• it actually doesnt have hormones in it...hmmm i am so confused with the online answers im finding ..my doc said 90 percent of weman dont have periods on it! And online its talking about longer harder periods ....ahhhhhh.
    AMBERDAWN2008

Answer by AMBERDAWN2008 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have the paraguard too and was never told that I wouldn't have periods, that is only with Mirena. Take a test since you are 5 days late, it's better to know sooner than later and end up having an ectopic pregnancy and almost die. (I had one, not while on paraguard, but it is very scary if it bursts).

I have been late 2 times since I have had my IUD and thought I might have been pregnant but wasn't. You could be stressing yourself out which could cause yourself not to have a period. Call your dr, if you are still worried after you take a test.
    mom21b1g

Answer by mom21b1g at 9:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i know this is old old..but this is the first time i have been back on..not pregnant! Thanks for the support tho :)
    AMBERDAWN2008

Answer by AMBERDAWN2008 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009