Have sweets ever made you nauseous when you were pregnant?

Dairy products make me nauseous, too. What makes or made you nauseous when you were pregnant?

dustbunny

Asked by dustbunny at 10:19 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Meat, chocolate and coffee made me so sick with our first. No smells set me off with our second daughter.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 10:24 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I forgot to add the smell of raw chicken. Even now, just the thought of raw chicken is making me gag!
    dustbunny

Comment by dustbunny (original poster) at 10:26 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Everything! Even textures like pasta. I'm better now, but I can't enjoy stews or cookies or dairy or chocolates. I have such a bad aftertaste hat I regret eating it
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 10:32 PM on May. 12, 2011

• With my first, any kind of pork product had that effect on me--ham, sausage, pork chop...anything that came from a pig. Found that out when I tried to eat some sausage balls (which I love) and couldn't stomach them.

With my second, I couldn't eat anything sweet. The closest I could get was like a lemon sorbet, but it had to be more sour than sweet. And strawberry yogurt made me want to puke, and that had always been my favorite flavor. All other varieties were still fine, it was just strawberry that was the problem. That was the weirdest thing ever. And I still can't eat more than a spoonful of strawberry yogurt, two years later.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:34 PM on May. 12, 2011

• With my first, everything was good. My second, meat and sweets were hard to eat. With my third, every last thing I cooked, smelled, looked at or even thought about eating made me sick. The one thing that I could eat non-stop with no problem was shrimp. I HATE seafood. The week after I delivered him I tried to eat shrimp and I could not even chew up one bite! Pregnancy and food are a crazy mix!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:32 PM on May. 12, 2011

• With this prgnancy Ive gottin sick from Sweets. (GIRL)
    With my first it was Dairy and Fats (BOY)
    IDK I think it has to do with the way you carry the baby.
    My first pushed my Galbladder up and blocked it off.
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 10:46 PM on May. 14, 2011

• chocolate i love right now and even crave it sometimes,,the smell of cigarrete smoke makes me like gag and everything now and im among a family of smokers and bf smokes..Mostly its smells with me..but i have hated milk growing up..now i live 4 milk..lol crazy!!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 10:54 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I loooooved sweets when I was pregnant!!!! The thing that made me sick and I avoided was red meats. I craved burgers in the beginning but then they made me sick, thinking, looking, talking about, smelling and eating them! I was pregnant with a baby boy who is now 7 months old! I carried low. This is my first baby.
    Jewels11

Answer by Jewels11 at 12:33 PM on May. 15, 2011