I feel like I'm letting him down

I'm 36, he's 46. I have a kid, he has none of his own and wants one really bad. We've been ttc for over a year now and nothing's happening. He was checked and it's not him. I'm going to see a fertility doctor in 2 months. I just feel bad because he is such a wonderful man and we want a baby really bad. And he tells me not to feel bad or worry but I can't help it. Has this happened to anyone? What did u do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Please don't beat yourself up about this. In our case we had the opposite situation (except neither one of us had a child). We tried IUI, IVF and went through hell (mostly me with all those hormones and shots). Finally the doctor told me that I could have a donor sperm and get pregnant, but I decided that I would rather adopt. To me it was more important to be a mom than to have a biological bond. It was the best decision I have ever made. I'm sure your husband doesn't blame you for this.

hugs 

Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 11:40 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It could be that you're trying too hard and the stress will actually prevent you from getting pregnant. Get your mind off of it and stop trying to get pregnant. Turn your attention to something else like a summer vacation, cleaning out every closet in the house and having a yard sale, move to a new house, etc. HTH
    littlekitten6

Answer by littlekitten6 at 12:02 AM on May. 13, 2011

• i say just get away for a week. just u and him take a vacation somewhere and leave all your worries behind. relaxing is the best possible thing!
    wootens91

Answer by wootens91 at 12:10 AM on May. 13, 2011

• well im 20 years old and i had one bby when i was 18 a little bby girl, and i had a talk to my bbys father after she was born and i told him seriously i dont want another kid, and he was just quiet,and then a year later i found out that i was pregnant again. and i was not expecting this but it happened and when i found i said myself im not going to abort it because im not a killer, so i said to myself i was going to keep this bby . and then he was born and i was happy and now im taking care of my 2 kids my 2 year old girl and my 2month old bby boy.
    gta4girl

Answer by gta4girl at 3:02 AM on May. 13, 2011