Do You Get Along With Your child/children's StepMother?

My childrens stepmother and I do not get along at all! We do not speak to eachother at all! Does anyone else not get along with the stepmom at all?

Kats86

Asked by Kats86 at 11:07 PM on May. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't get along with my children's step mom at all either but the kid's aren't the reason . it's other reason's I'm also a step mom and well my sweet little SD's bio mom is a horrible mother. when she used to be around we talked just fine but she has issue's and well we haven't talked in a while.

traren

Answer by traren at 11:20 PM on May. 12, 2011

• The reason we dont has nothing to do with my kids either...we have never gotten along ever since we were in high school together. It just seems to have intensified since...
    Kats86

Comment by Kats86 (original poster) at 11:22 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Not at all. She is simply jealous and I don't see why!! He is a deadbeat!! She lost custody of her daughter and wanted to tell me how to parent mine!! I have had alot of problems with her. We have decided to have no contact. It's best for everyone.
    kiwismom327

Answer by kiwismom327 at 11:26 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Never had to deal with one, and I have been so very fortunate that way, I don't envy you gals when I hear such horror stories. I always feel so bad for the kids if it carries over to them.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:27 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I try to get along with her as much as possible but it is hard sometimes..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:34 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I love my son's stepmother, she was a great stepmom to my son and I appreciate her for all she did for him. My son is now 23 and I will still give her a call every now and then to see how she is and we are on each other's FB..I like her better than my exhusband!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 11:39 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I tried in the beginning. I mean I REALLY tried. It just got to be too much for me so now we kinda have this no contact policy. I would love for there to be a day that we could all get along especially now that are kids are becoming more active in sports.
    Kats86

Comment by Kats86 (original poster) at 11:44 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Sorry that you don't. I am not being mean, but my step childrens mother died. I feel sorry for them. She died when they were young.
    irememberwhen59

Answer by irememberwhen59 at 11:55 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Well my kids have a stepmom and we get along great. However my dh and i are also raising his kids from a previous marriage and she is a little salty that she lost the kids, but other than that we get along good as long as everything is going smoothly. In other words when she is not stirring up un-needed drama lol
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 10:06 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I think it's more about being civil for the kids sake than getting along. We will never be "friends".
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 2:31 PM on May. 13, 2011