Has anyone gotten married at a chapel in Vegas if so how was it? would you recomend it??

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• My nephew did a few years ago and I thought it was horrible. It was the fast food equivalent of a wedding. You are in and out in 15 minutes - you have an appointment and then have to take quick pictures because the next couple is waiting.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I loved it, I got married in 1999 at the Little White Chapel in a seven minute ceremony. Quick, easy, cheap, and fun. (My marriage on the other hand was anything but easy)

My sister did the same thing a couple years ago at the same place. She loved it as well.

My second marriage is coming up and I will also be getting married in Vegas. I LOVE IT!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 8:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• We got married in the chapel of the fountains in Circus Circus. It was very nice, not rushed. they even had real flower bouquets for sale if you want one.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think the "fast food" version of a wedding sounds perfect! lol. I have been with my SO since high school and we have agreed that if we do decide to "make it official" we don't want to break ourselves doing it. It would be so much cheaper for us to fly our parents and witnesses down to vegas for a weekend that we would also use as our honeymoon than it would be to do the church wedding with the dress and photographer and reception with the DJ and caterers and a big honeymoon. I know that most ladies love to plan weddings and want to make the day perfect...that just isn't me though. It is all personal taste.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• We got married in our hotel room in Vegas. I think that if you truly want to spend the rest of your life with someone it really doesn't matter how you get married. If it does then perhaps that person needs to rethink their priorities because a lot of people who spend all that time and money planning the perfect wedding and they end up missing the point of it all: the marriage.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 10:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• We were married at the Tropicana's Island Wedding Chapel in 2000. It was beautiful. Not to fast, but just right. We said our own vows. About 40 people came out. We each had 2 people stand up with us, and my niece was my flower girl. My flowers were just beautiful. My photos were all perfect--every one, and I got to keep the roll (they still used 35mm film). The chapel is made of wood and I saw a pic---it looked like JFK's church. I bought my dress and took it on the plane. It was all planned, but fun and cost around $1000. Those who wanted to come did. It was wonderful, and we also received a tape of the ceremony. If you want cheesy they have it, it you want elegant they have it. Make it your day, your way. I would recommend an evening wedding if you do it in the summer--it was hot in June!!! Best wishes!!!

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• got married last year at the chapel in the luxor!!! it was perfect.
    Keri77

Answer by Keri77 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2008