Having trouble finding a job! Advice?

Just looking for some advice on my situation. I quit my job several months ago and have been looking for a job ever since with no luck. I know now that I should have kept my old job till I found a new one but I could not take it anymore. I have interviews all the time and lots of them go really well but I am never chosen for the jobs. I like clerical/office types of jobs. In the past I also worked in day care centers. I absolutely have to find a job this month to get the bills paid so I am considering working in a day care again because I think I may be able to get a job at one pretty easily. If I do that I know that I will not be happy (I do enjoy the kids and love working with them but the pay is never good and it's just not something that I see myself doing long term again). If I work at a day care but at the same time keep looking for something else more suited to my goals, will I have to include it on my resume or applications? I don't want it to look like I go from job to job all the time. Any advice on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• I wouldn't think you had to include it on your resume. I think a resume is generally supposed to overlook your experience, skills, qualifacations, and certifications required for that job.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:31 AM on May. 13, 2011

• There are lots of great tips and resources in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group.

How are you conducting your job search? Less than half of all open positions are advertised; you need to network with people in the field and industry you wish to work in. Have you had any informational interviews with people in your chosen field to learn how they found their current positions? How are you searching for advertised positions? Do you have a great resume and do you send it out with strong cover letters?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:49 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I can help in the long or short term with this if you like..Im offering a job NOT A BUSINESS for folks RIGHT NOW, and I am paying MUCH better than you would see at a daycare....you also dont necessarily have to put it on a resume but would provide cash to assist you!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 8:58 AM on May. 13, 2011

• WELL YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR MISTAKE WAS.,NEVER LEAVE A JOB UNLESS YOU HAVE SURE FIRE JOB WAITING.AND SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SOMETHINGS TO YOU HAVE BETTER WAY OUT.SO I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU TO FIND SOMETHING THAT YOU ENJOY DOING
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 11:28 AM on May. 15, 2011

• with the economy its just hard to find a job....I'd take whatever you can get to be employed and just keep looking. I had to quit school and get a job and it took me like 3 mos.....normally it takes me no more than a week.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:36 PM on May. 15, 2011