Are you sick of doctors wasting your time?

My daughter had an appointments at 3:30 today. I still had a couple of errands to run after the appointment and she had homework. Can you believe they made us wait for over an hour in the waiting room, then in the exam room. By the time we left we had been there two hours and fifteen minutes! I wish these doctors would understand that our time is valubale too. Now I have to play catch up tomorrow to do today's errands too. Argh!!!!!

Ashoonik

Asked by Ashoonik at 11:57 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Health

• That is nothing! Every time I make an appointment I have to wait 2 hours in the waiting room then another hour to an hour and half in the room!! They do not care! Even when there was 3 other kids in the office they make us wait!! I never had this problem in the city I used to live in!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:09 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I think it's just that they over-book.... and over-book some more. lol They will schedule 2 or 3 people for each 15 minute time slot. Crazy.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 2:06 AM on May. 13, 2011

• But remember if you get there "late" you have to reschedule. Even if you got there before those 2 hours you will have to wait
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 11:25 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Well, I guess you have to wait for a needed service - maybe that is how they look at it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:57 PM on May. 13, 2011

• They do have unexpected emergencies and some appointments take longer than the scheduled time. And some have to be at the hospital at a moment's notice and their schedules get rearranged ,and they can't help it. I know it is inconvenient but there is really nothing you can do and no reason to criticise them. I hope you don't think they are taking off a few hours to go shopping or to a movie? LOL. I mean...I think you are being picky!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:22 PM on May. 13, 2011

• It's not emergencies or them going to the movie or shopping. The problem is that they are greedy so they book 3-4 people for every 15 minute increment. It's impossible to give patients the attention and time they deserve with that kind of appointment scheduling.
    Ashoonik

Comment by Ashoonik (original poster) at 7:35 PM on May. 13, 2011