Update on citizens arrest!

The police came to my place of employment today to tell me this mother that was beating and spitting on her child, had left her 3 year old son, locked up in their apt. alone! So now there's 2 kids involved! The grandparents, (on fathers side) have taken the kids and they are safe. I don't know anything about the father, the police didn't say. He just wanted to let me know about the kids. He asked if I wanted to press charges but I'm waiting to see what the courts say. She needs help. Obviously! I hate seeing or being part of this but am sooo glad her kids are with their family. Mom is in jail and don't know what's going to happen.

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 12:03 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• OMG Kathy!!! Wow....you should feel wonderful that you got those children out of that enviroment! That could have turned into a REAL tragedy! You are probably those children's hero right now
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:05 AM on May. 13, 2011

• high five Good job!  

I would press charges!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:06 AM on May. 13, 2011

• You should totally press charges. Congrats for standing up for these kids.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:14 AM on May. 13, 2011

• you rock

Please keep us updated!  I am so glad you intervened --and now there are two little kids you have probably saved from abuse and neglect!  Good for you!

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:14 AM on May. 13, 2011

• What?! omg seriously. Thank goodness she was caught before it was too late. I can't imagine what she does to them at home when no one can see, if she does that in front of a store. I would definitely press charges, she deserves it.
    mrspnut82

Answer by mrspnut82 at 12:17 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Wonderful news to hear, yet again! Definitely press charges, it will keep her away from the kids longer and hopefully force her to get whatever help she needs :)
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 3:30 AM on May. 13, 2011

• You need to press charges. Those charges might be all the grandparents need to gain custody. There is also something cps wants from parents and remember their goal is reunification. However if she has other charges pending it would be more difficult to get them back and a family court judge may look at the cps situation AND assault and it could be what leans them to give custody to someone else. I am a firm believer that child abusers will ALWAYS abuse.

Answer by gemgem at 9:33 AM on May. 13, 2011

• definitely press charges, it will most likely keep her further away from her children which is exactly what needs to happen right now. the more she has against her, the better for those innocent kids. good for you for standing up for an innocent child! you're awesome.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:36 AM on May. 13, 2011

• omg i hope she gets the help she needs and dosn't get her kids back until she gets help
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:05 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Thank heaven the children are safe , It should surely not be up to you to press charges, the police investigation should result in that .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:15 AM on May. 13, 2011