Is this true?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzLYk07oGN4&feature=relmfu I am asking legit not trolling but as a U S citizen is this how we are represented by our soldiers? If it is I am ashamed to be an American.

Main speaker is Jon Michael Turner, former Marine with the 3rd Battalion, 8th Marines. So this is a US soldier or WAS a US soldier he wants no more affiliation with that part of his life for he is ashamed. I have asked my friends husbands who are marines I am a navy wife and we livei n the same housing. I asked if they do this in real life or if this is some kind of stunt. all I get told is no un an uneasy laugh or a compolete subject change. I guess this is the militaries new don't ask don't tell.

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/3/17/winter_soldier_us_vets_active_duty a link to the story from a non youtube website.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• afraid to click on the link....sorry
    dys-shattered

Answer by dys-shattered at 12:31 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I can't remember my password for youtube and you have to be signed in to watch it...but the title says Iraq soldier, not U.S....is it actually a US soldier in Iraq?
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 12:35 AM on May. 13, 2011

• This is an Iraqi soldier, not ours.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:25 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I don't have a youtube account. Sorry.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:32 AM on May. 13, 2011

• It appears that the server is either very busy or the video has been removed.

In any case, if the pp is correct and it is an Iraqi soldier, obviously it has no bearing on US soldiers. For the record, Us soldiers are trained to teach the world about US values right along with defending them. They aren't there to 'represent' you, they are there to defend you, your country, and your way of life ~ even if 'you' are ashamed of your country or have never lifted a finger to work for it as well as put your life on the line for everyone sitting safe at home.

You should also consider that Iraqi soldiers have had a lot of training from US soldiers ... but they still have decades of what Saddam taught them and how he forced them to live as their foundation. Iraq is ancient, and there is cruelty there on a day to day basis that most in the US can't even imagine. Maybe you should learn some of the history instead of watching YouTube.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:01 PM on May. 13, 2011

• you don't NEED a You Tube account---you just click on it.
    But who cares.....You Tubes are usually amateur propaganda videos made in someone's basement to spread rumors. They are patched together and dubbed. The only You Tubes I trust are direct footage from News broadcasts.Or Government sessions or state town meetings,etc.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:59 PM on May. 14, 2011