She wants me to what?

I am planning a party for my daughter's 3rd birthday. I put out the invite and got a response from a friend. She is the sweetest person, but she has been known to overstep her bounds. Well... only once, but it was a big one lol.

Anyway, She asked me to reschedule the party because she has an event to attend at the same time. She asked very nicely. "I'm disappointed it's at the same time as _____________. But it's okay if that's the best time for you. It would have to be rescheduled for later because I have something else that morning." But I just kind of feel like... huh?

What do I do with this? Do I respond and tell her I'm not rescheduling? I mean, it wouldn't be a big deal for me to have it later, but the invite has already been sent. Since she is a good friend of mine do I reschedule for her?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 12:10 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't reschedule. It's your daugther's party, not hers. I would probably tell her something like 'I regret that you are unable to make the party, as I am unable to reschedule it. But I would love for us to meet up later if possible.'

shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:28 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Do not reschedule if you already invited others for that date.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:12 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Huh???!!! How rude loool do not reschedule...
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 12:17 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't. But I think its up to you.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:12 AM on May. 13, 2011

• it's up to you
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:14 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I agree...that is pretty rude...I would keep the party when it is.
    dys-shattered

Answer by dys-shattered at 12:23 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Do not reschedule she may be a good friend but his is YOUR CHILDS party. Plus whoever else is coming already knows it as that date and time.
    Ashley-England

Answer by Ashley-England at 12:39 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't reschedule. You're not going to be able to make everyone happy. Just tell her that the invites have already been sent.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:47 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I would not reschedule. I would tell her I'm sorry she could not make it. and if she has a child i would save her a goodie bag and give it to her the next time you see them.
    Kats86

Answer by Kats86 at 1:10 AM on May. 13, 2011

• She may be sweet, but sounds like she hasn't quite learned the lesson of boundaries yet. Don't reschedule - let her know you/daughter will miss her at birthday party.
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 1:23 AM on May. 13, 2011