What is the earliest an at home pregnancy test detected your pregnancy?

I am supposed to have a LEEP done next week but I think I am pregnant. My husband and I were trying to conceive before I found out I needed to have this done. I feel exactly like I felt during the very beginning of my last 2 pregnancies and will not go through with this surgery until I know for sure if I'm pregnant or not. I am still at least 10 days away from my next period so I don't know how reliable an at home urine pregnancy test would be at this point. I don't have an appt. to get a blood test done until next Tuesday but you can imagine how anxious I am to find out if I'm pregnant or not. What was the earliest you accurately tested positive for pregnancy with an at home urine pregnancy test? And what test did you use? Also, what was the earliest a blood test detected your pregnancy?

CarolinaQ

Asked by CarolinaQ at 12:14 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I always got positive results at 3 weeks pregnant.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:35 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I got a positive at 8 dpo
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 2:22 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Every women and every pregnancy is different. Some people are able to test right away even before they miss their period. If you are like me you will have to wait about two weeks of a missed period to be able to get a positive pregnancy test. If you go to www.babycenter.com they give you a bunch of information about how in some women it takes a while for the HCG hormone to build up in their system in order to get a positive test and others it just does not. Hope this helps!
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 9:13 AM on May. 13, 2011