Ok ladies I need your advice....I'm having my baby boy in 7 days!!!

This is my 2nd son but my oldest is 8yrs old (a bit of an age gap). My son was a winter baby (January) and this one will be a late spring early summer baby. What can I expect as far as when to take him out of the house, how to dress him (i kind of assume he'll be in onsies and a recieving blanket a lot because it will be warm out). Don't mean to ramble, just wondering on any advice on how to keep baby comfy in the summer heat when they are so small and when to take him places.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 12:21 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How do you know he will be here in 7 days? LOL

He can go out immediately. He can dress like you dress. If you are hot, he is hot, If you are cold, he may be cold.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:23 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I'm having a scheduled c-section, so unless I have him early, then he is coming out in 7days:)
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 12:35 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My daughter was born May 21st and I remember putting her in her sling and going for a walk when she was tiny in nothing but a diaper because it was so hot out! But if you don't live in a super warm climate then you may not have to do that lol (we had no air conditioning and no way to get a cross breeze in our house, so we went for a lot of evening walks lol).

I agree with BradenIsMySon, just dress him how you dress. Babies are surprisingly resilient. Even my little 6 pound daughter did great :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:36 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Yea, just dress them how you dress, and make sure you keep them in the shade alot....most sunscreens say that you have to wait til they're a few months old to use em....so yeah lol
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 1:04 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Oh thanks summermail88!! I didn't even think about sunscreen! I'm glad you brought that up! Didn't know they had to be a certain age to use sunscreen.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 1:07 AM on May. 13, 2011

• They don't have to be, you just wash it off when you come inside and don't put it on their hands if they suck their hands all the time :) I asked the pediatrician about that because I'm super paranoid about sun exposure lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:24 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I'm also having a scheduled c-section. Mine is in 10 days, though. I will be taking my baby girl out as soon as I feel we are up to it and I'll be dressing her in onesies, skirts, shorts, etc. Clothes for warmer weather because it's already very hot here. I'll probably bring a thin blanket with us so that she doesn't catch a chill.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 2:24 AM on May. 13, 2011