Starting solids how much should i feed my 7 mounth old

ok my baby is just geting introduce to baby food in the jar but i need help how much an when do i feed him it cause i also still want to breastfeed i need help making schedule please help

jack90

Asked by jack90 at 12:54 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Feed him your breastmilk first, then give him the solids afterward so that he won't fill up on the solids and refuse the milk. Mine ate about a half jar for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at that age.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:08 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I didn't breastfeed :-/ but I would feed my son half of a 2nd stage jar of fruits in the morning along with a bottle and half sometimes a whole jar of veggies for dinner/supper along with a 6oz bottle
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 2:21 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes, always nurse or give the bottle first. They really don't need solids yet but link below is helpful too. As far as a schedule........ has he worked his way up to three feedings a day? Or is it every 4 hours or so? During the night he may still wake up for many months.

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/solidfood6to8montholdbaby.htm

whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 9:28 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I didnt breastfeed , But just feed him stage 2 once or twice a day .
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 11:15 PM on May. 13, 2011