Is it normal for a 14 month old to go around banging his head on things

fefe310

Asked by fefe310 at 12:58 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have seen and heard MANY toddlers (or soon to be) do this, especially boys. Unfortunately, yes it is. It's how they throw their tantrums. =/

A friend of mines son use to walk around with a black and blue forehead from doing this every single day. It was pretty scary at first and honestly I never got used to it, but that's just what he did.

When in doubt, do consult with the pedi if you notice any other behaviors going on with it.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:00 AM on May. 13, 2011

• lol my twins are 20 months and yeah they pound their head on stuff all the time. they do it during fits, on purpose because they think its funny and on accident. they've been doing it for a long time.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:17 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I have heard and seen other kids do it.
    Ashley-England

Answer by Ashley-England at 1:21 AM on May. 13, 2011

• lol....My daughter bangs her head on my husband and I all the time when she get's mad
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 1:27 AM on May. 13, 2011

• If it hurst they will stop...that's what my kids ped always told me
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 11:19 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My DD and DS would do this. My pedi said that this is just a stage that some kids go through. At first I kept trying to stop it, but now, I just ignore it they usually give up if they see no one is paying attention. DS finally outgrew the stage, but DD still does it.
    JosHaileyMom

Answer by JosHaileyMom at 6:13 PM on May. 13, 2011