Why does my baby poot ALL the time?

And he cries every time like its hurting him really bad....will he grow out of this? He's almost 4 months old...and its been like this EVERY day since the beginning...I'm bout to go nuts lol

summermail88

Asked by summermail88 at 1:17 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby is EBF, and at 1 month there is not one poop that doesn't cause him to wrinkle up his face and howl. Pediatrician saw it and laughed and said not to worry about it...he's just over-reacting to the feelings in his bowelso.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:57 AM on May. 13, 2011

• have you told your doctor?
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 1:22 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I am betting he is on formula, and the wrong kind. It sounds like he's on milk based formula when he should probably be on soy. Either that or it's not being mixed properly. Please consult with your pediatrician about this. It's not normal.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:24 AM on May. 13, 2011

• if his poo is hard or pebble looking you are going to want to talk to your doctor about constipation problems.. however I would discuss it anyways if he is in pain over it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:32 AM on May. 13, 2011

• What kind of formula is he on? If your not breat feeding...

it could be gas in his belly from not burping good--try mylion drops, they work miracles (:
    Or it could be his formula
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 2:08 AM on May. 13, 2011

• yeah he is EBF, and not constipated, he poops normal....and I give him the mylicon drops....so yeah maybe he is just over-reacting....hopefully he'll grow out of it soon lol
    summermail88

Comment by summermail88 (original poster) at 10:37 AM on May. 13, 2011