If God created different languages, could he have......

If God created different languages to separate us, could he have also separated us by religion?
By us speaking different languages we could not work together (Tower of Babel).
Maybe by creating different religions, again he would:
-create a divide in the people
- we all would worship him in many different ways
....and because of our different faiths/beliefs we would all lead a different path, which may be used differently in this life, or after death..
(I am hoping the last thought is understandable)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Diversity has always been a challenge for people, but some of our greatest lessons in love and compassion come from overcoming our fear of people who are different from us, from loving people who aren't from our ancestral tribe so to speak.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:04 AM on May. 13, 2011

• God also gave us intelligence and will to learn, and embrace those other languages, cultures, and religion
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 1:55 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Why would God want to divide us and have us be against each other, why would God want to cause a separation between us and him?

MmeCS

Answer by MmeCS at 3:49 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I think people took what they could remember from the old ways and passed them down which is why, I believe, there are so many different kinds of pyramids all over the world as well as many similarities between religions but yet not the same. But the real question is is this what He always intended, for us to forever be separated from each other? I would have to say no because to be separated from each other, to me, is very much like being separated from Him because we are all His creation. Besides He sent Jesus so that we would no longer be separated from Him so if you don't believe in Jesus then you still are separated from God.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:02 AM on May. 13, 2011

• He wants us close to him. You just have yo believe.. And yes if if you dont believe in Jesus you are separated from God.
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 4:45 AM on May. 13, 2011

• GOD did not give us many different languages. Language evolved over millions of years, starting wth "cave men",....or the earliest forms of man, and each group of humans in different parts of the world specialized ther sounds ...starting with grunts...all the way to English,French,etc. The Tower of Babel story is fiction...symbolic. Not real.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:10 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I suppose so, though it seems pretty complicated and messy and well, sadistic, in light of the history of religious conflict and violence.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 1:35 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Well I personally don't believe He "created" the different languages. I believe that narrative, about the tower, isn't historical, but merely attempts to explain the different languages of the world. I believe the different languages merely developed on their own naturally, same for the various faiths. I believe they all developed naturally, as different ways of understanding the world around us and the Divine/God. I believe they're all different ways of understanding the same reality and Truth, and all equally valid in understanding and relating to Him, since they're all based on our various perceptions - depending on our culture and language and so forth. They're all paths to the same end, I believe....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:18 AM on May. 13, 2011

• God could not have created any religion that worships false gods ... that would be a violation of Holy character.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:24 AM on May. 13, 2011

• One of several issues the authors of the bible underestimated.

We Are The Others

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:35 AM on May. 13, 2011