Laying on your belly while pregnant

when are you supposed to stop layin on your belly while pregnant ??

mommy2b_2011

Asked by mommy2b_2011 at 1:44 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'd stop when your starting to show or are uncomfortable.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:48 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Only if you are uncomfortable. There's no medical reason that I know of that would indicate you should. ( I was able to lay on my stomach until 8 months by propping pillows under my pelvis and shoulders...).
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:55 AM on May. 13, 2011

• When it becomes uncomfortable
    3mclark

Answer by 3mclark at 1:58 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Well the main reason why you are not suppose to do this is because of the blood flow restrictions you may be causing to the baby. Doctors actually recommend laying on the left side verses any other way for best blood flow to the baby.
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 8:59 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I did until i was 3 months. then it was time to lay on the back and side.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 9:55 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Im 6 months along and I still lay on my belly when Im tanning. I just prop something under me
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 11:16 AM on May. 13, 2011

• When it becomes uncomfortable.

In response to gibsongirl017...there is no recommendation against lying on your stomach. Restricted blood flow can happen when you lie flat on your back after a certain point, because the weight of the uterus can compress a vein that serves your lower half (including uterus+baby). But the simple fix for that is just to prop one hip with a small pillow so you're not flat on your back. Lying on your left side is only marginally better than any other position, and it's only likely to make a difference if you're having problems already, like with high blood pressure.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:17 AM on May. 13, 2011

• 7 months
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 8:56 PM on May. 13, 2011