Your child's name

I picked a name for my son that I suppose is easy to make fun of, but I think in a cute way.

His name is Elliot.

After he was born my neighbor mimicked "E.T." and asked if he could buy my son an E.T. doll and Reece's Pieces for Christmas...

Has anyone mimicked your child's name, but in a way that you didn't feel hurt/embarassed over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My daughter's name is Natalie, and my FIL has always called her Nat-Toes. The entire family calls her that now actually...
    jess_merrick874

Answer by jess_merrick874 at 2:15 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Nat-Toes? That's so cute! =]
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:17 AM on May. 13, 2011

• my son's name is Oliver and when we visit DH's old neighbor he always comes to the door and says "Hey! It's Oliver and Company!" lol It's even funnier because DH never saw that movie. He named him after the main character on the old show "Green Acres". XD
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 2:17 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My older sister's name is Emily, and we've always called her "Emery"
    Anonymous

• Oliver and Co, adorable! =D
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes. My daughter has two first names separated by a hyphen. There were/are so many people that ask why I would name her like I did. Her name is two very traditional names. It's not like I gave her a stripper name, or some made up, crazy name. I've always told them if they don't like it, have their own kid and name it what they want and leave my baby's name alone. It's my choice, not yours.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 2:19 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My name is hyphenated too
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:20 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Myson is named Damien and my friend from middle school called him "Damien Omen TWO" for the longest time, until I told her I loved her son too much to call him Wussley instead of Wesley
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:21 AM on May. 13, 2011

• my daughter's name is righley (like riley) and the doctors office always forgets to pronounce the g with the h. they say "rig-ley" it annoys be though. i call her my righley bug.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 2:51 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My 1st born is named Matthew & 2nd born is named Nicolas after the actor Nicolas Cage.
    a41bsb197880

Answer by a41bsb197880 at 2:58 AM on May. 13, 2011