My throat is burning!

I've been sick almost two weeks now. It seems like every two days a symptom disappears and a new one forms. Now I have an unbearably sore throat. I'm going to the dr and probably will get a prescription for antibiotic, but in the meantime what can I do for my throat? I've tried hot tea, popsicles, gargling, throat spray... nothing works. I can't swallow and I can't sleep. Help.

hotmama404

Asked by hotmama404 at 6:39 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Health

• Sore throat drops or that spray stuff.

Answer by louise2 at 6:50 AM on May. 13, 2011

• sounds like heartburn. just lay elevated on pillows. i had that prob with my last 2 pregnancies. to be honest nothing helps with the burning but lying down makes it worse.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 6:50 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Try putting a hot rag on your throat and keep yourself covered... My husband gets it all the time... If you believe in God juss pray for it.
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 6:52 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Mix 1 part each Honey & Lemon (or lime) juice, then mix in 3-4 parts hot water. Sip slowly.

Take some Ibuprofen- it is an anti inflammatory. It will ease pain and swelling. That type of sore throat I would associate with strep. I have CEBV, so I also get the type of sore throat and swollen lymph nodes every few weeks... I know how it feels. I'm sorry :(

THE best things you can do are to stay hydrated, get some sunshine & fresh air until you can get checked out.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:01 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Honestly, I just drink something really hot so it burns the you know what out of my throat and I can't feel it anymore. The first time I did it with coffee by accident, but I do it on purpose now lol
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:29 AM on May. 13, 2011

• You might have strep throat ~ go to the dr.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:53 PM on May. 13, 2011