my 7 month old wont hold his bottle he has but wont now and i am worried hes behind what should i do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My Daughter never held her own bottle, she is now with a sippy cup and holds it and drinks from it just fine...I wouldn't be too worried...
    KayleeMommyDay

Answer by KayleeMommyDay at 11:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• my son did not hold his own bottle either he is 14moths and he hands his sippy cup to me to hold for him so it probally is that he wants you to do it for him.
    ISAIAHMOM632007

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Just continue to put his little hands around the bottle he will get the hang of it soon nothing to worry about. He'll be holding and throwing it before you know it. have a good one.
    jazzymimi

Answer by jazzymimi at 2:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Everything will be a-okay :) My little girl did the same thing and she's 12 months now and won't let me touch her bottle. It will all come in time:)
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 2:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• you could try a bottle with little handles on it. my son really liked those. they are hard to find. and they take a little getting used to for the baby but if it frees up your hands in the long run its all good.
    edwinsmom2008

Answer by edwinsmom2008 at 2:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• my son was 10 mos old when he started holding his bottle, i think he was just lazy, don't feel bad, he'll do it on his own just encourage him to do so, just when your giving him his bottle let it go for a little bit and you'll see that he'll try to pick it up himself.
    VERONICACP

Answer by VERONICACP at 2:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My nephew never ever held his own bottle, my sister held it for him until he was broke from it...I don't think not holding the bottle alone is cause for any concern.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:13 AM on Jul. 18, 2008