Flowers that won't die?

What kind of flower/plant is good that won't die after a week? That can be planted outside and still survive the weather and everything. We live in Michigan so we have all four seasons; Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.  Besides plastic ones  I just can't have mums am serverely allergic to them

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:01 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• we have a bleeding heart that is beautiful!
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:37 PM on May. 13, 2011

• well hellebore stays bloomed for months. But it's a late winter, early spring bloomer & it's about to lose it's blooms.

just found this for you...

http://www.suite101.com/content/long-lasting-flowers-for-a-summer-garden---flowering-shrubs-a359817
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:06 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Everything I plant dies. Except bamboo, and you can't kill it, but it will take over your entire yard.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:16 AM on May. 13, 2011

• What kind of weather? My plants always last all year. I plant impatiens, begonias, marigolds. For perrenialls I I have black eyed susans. They are extremely hardy. I never even water them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:15 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Marigolds are annuals that bloom all summer into fall. Zinnias are another good annual that are easy to grow from seed. Your best bet, head to your local nursery and see what is good for your area. Everyone on here is from different areas of the world. What works for me in Eastern NC may not work for you.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:12 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Put down god soil first. I really like the miracle grow soil. That makes a difference.
    mompam

• Black eyed susans come back each year and spread nicely. They bloom from mid july to the first frost.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:58 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Your question reminded me of a lady who lived a few blocks from us when I was growing up. Down both sides of the walk leading to her front porch, she had flowers. I have no idea what kind they were but they bloomed all spring and summer, just a gorgeous splash of color. One day during the winter, I happened to walk by there again, it had snowed & there were those flowers STILL in full bloom. She had neglected to take them inside & if she had done so, I don't think anyone would ever have known they were all plastic. Years later, one of my sisters had beautiful indoor plants in her home. I happened to touch one of them while she was watering it & promptly asked her why she was watering a fake plant. She said that she'd had the real ones but as parts of them died off, she replaced those parts with a fake variety of the same plant. She watered them so no one would know they were fake. She made me promise not to tell anyone.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 8:23 AM on May. 13, 2011

• my mother kills everything but her bamboo plant has survived. if she can keep it alive, anyone can.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 1:39 PM on May. 13, 2011

• i'm in hawaii, and all the tropical flowers last forever. we have anthiriums, gingers, etc. they last a long time.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 6:45 PM on May. 13, 2011