Need advice from the moms out there

My son is currently 2 years old and battleing cancer. We will be in the hospital over christmas. My husband and my other children will be staying at the ronald mcdonald house christmas eve to spend christmas with us. I only want to bring a couple presents each as the hospital doesn't have alot of room. I want to leave a note from santa stating something about leaving the other presents at the house. But here it my problem. the kids and my husband will go home christmas night. and my son and I will stay untill at least saturday 2 days after chirstmas. I would like to have christmas as a family, but how do I justify to the kids that santa isn't leaving the presents at the house till 2 days late. Any Ideas , I would like to leave a realistic letter for them. thanks for the help

Laura Koch

lolagirlkoch

Asked by lolagirlkoch at 8:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Holidays

• there is a lady on here that writes Santa letters I am not sure what group she is in but I will try and find her for you. I am sorry about your son I am sure thats a VERY hard thing ti deal with.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 8:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Does Santa wrap their gifts or set them out?
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Because...you can tell them that this year Santa is going to wrap their gifts and put them under the tree....just so their little brother can come and everyone can celebrate Christmas together. They can all unwrap what Santa brought them when he gets home.

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Have the gifts athome but have Santa ask them to wait until brother is home to open.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My prayers are with you and your famnily. I have no ideas at the moment, but I will think of your question and get back to you.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 8:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• drherrmann
    snmbenders
    ArmyWife124
    Here are a couple of them maybe they will be able to help you!
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 8:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I'm so sorry for what your family is going through.Tell them santa is making a specail trip for your family so yall can all be together.I'm sure they will understand.Good luck and God bless you and your family.
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I am sorry your family is dealing with this. I would let your kids know that you arranged his drop off to be 2 days later because he knows what you're going through now and as Christmas is all about family, that he will be by when you are together.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• He ussually wraps them, but some are to big to wrap and I am sure that my children will not leave presents wrapped under the tree they are to nosey. HA HA lol
    lolagirlkoch

Answer by lolagirlkoch at 8:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I am sorry for your son and your family. My sister last year was leaving the state with her family so her son wrote Santa a letter asking him to come a day early. Is it possible for you to celebrate a few days in advance,the letter could tell Santa that my brother will be in hospital and we would like you to come early(or later) after son comes home.I hope all goes well with you and your family,Robin
    ilovecoffee95

Answer by ilovecoffee95 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2008