Treats for your Dog....

Do you give them treats? What kind?

livewell

Asked by livewell at 7:04 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Pets

• The big ones get dog biscuits and my little one used to get Pupperoni.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 7:18 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My dog gets raw veggies for treats. What ever fruit or veggie I am cutting up he gets a bite of. Minus grapes, onion and avocado.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:04 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Milk bones!
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 8:38 AM on May. 13, 2011

• If I buy treats, they are all-natural (just like their dog food) and don't contain corn, wheat, soy, byproducts/fillers, or any of those other NASTY things. I've given Blue Buffalo treats and Newman's Own Organics treats. Some other treats they've had are bits of chicken/beef (raw or cooked), carrots, potatos, peas, apples, canteloupe, and watermelon.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:39 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I make treats every few days for most of my animals ~ flock blocks for the hens and other birds, oatmeal cookies (just cooked oatmeal with apples and carrots rolled in sweet feed) for the goats, the donkey, the dogs (I add some peanut butter to theirs), and occasionally tuna/beef nibbles for the cats. I gave up on buying 'treats' years ago. It's much cheaper to make them at home, and a lot healthier for my animals.

To be honest, the thing the chickens like best is a cabbage tied like a tether ball for them to peck and eat, or half a watermelon with yogurt and seeds (that one is messy lol), or plain old cooked spaghetti. I like seeing my critters happy; keeping them healthy helps keep them happy in my experience.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:38 PM on May. 13, 2011

• For the Rotties or other big dogs, cow knuckles. They love them and they last them almost a month. For little guys, greenies and chicken jerky.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 10:12 PM on May. 13, 2011

•  

We try to use quality treats / Dry liver treats from HALO / Liv-a-Littles ; Also, We use the Natural Balance dog food and treats..
    Look for quality with No Corn or other junk fillers.
    We also give a daily supplement treat wafer;
    here is a link to the Health Pet blog / lots of good ideas on food and recipes, too
    SEE the Dog Meatball Recipe.... for treats or as a meal
    http://bulldogvitamins.blogspot.com/

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 8:35 AM on May. 19, 2011