bottle

My baby is 71/2 mo. and has no desire to hold/touch her bottle for herself? is that ok..just wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did that. He's also 7 1/2 months old. I held it for him at first but then I just laid it beside him... when he got hungry he started holding it himself. Now I miss holding it for him!
    Anonymous

• Yes. It is normal. Some babies will never hold their own bottle. It is nothing to worry about.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My daughter started at like 5 months. All baby's go at their own rate though. I wouldn't be worried.
    Courtney508

Answer by Courtney508 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Don't feel bad, my twins are 11months old and so spoiled they won't hold their bottles either.I've tried and tried to get them to do it but they won;t!! lol
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 9:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My baby never hold a bottle, he would put his hands on it but that's it, now at 9 months old he is learning to hold up the training cups. I really don't think you should worry about it, he is totally fine.
    ladybatista

Answer by ladybatista at 10:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My baby began to hold his own bottle after I gave him his first sippy cup (I was just curious to see what he would do with it) I held one handle he held the other, then I think it dawned on him that hey i can feed myself a bottle. It was 4am I remeber well he never even touched his bottle wile i fed him. that night he ripped it out of my hand and fed himself. but the fist post is right I kind of miss feeding him now. So my advice move to the next stage of things it may make the previous stage easier.
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 12:04 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My son wasn't holding his bottle either he is seven months now and is getting better at it. My brother told me to let him play with his bottle to help him get the idea of holding it, which worked. The majority of the time I have to pull one of his hands up to the bottle than he brings his other up and he holds the bottle. I did try the sippy cup before he could hold the bottle which did seem to help but the sippy cup had latex nipples which I would not suggest. I always thought my son was behind but all babies are different obviously, I wouldn't worry just try working with your baby and show that holding the bottle is possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My son is 9.5 months and has no desire to hold his own bottle. Allthough he likes to smack on it while he's eating. He can hold a sippy cup though.
    annmarieb25

Answer by annmarieb25 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Thankyou for all your answers..it was helpful and my daughter holds her sippy cup too. :P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2008