I need ideas for presents

I have no money for x-mas. I lost my job, and my home. My daughter and I had to move into my parents home. My parents don't have a lot of money either. Any crafty ideas that are cheap and or free to make for my family... I have my mom (46) dad (46), brother (21), papa (71), uncle (40), grandpa (73).... and of course my daughter and nephew... both will be a year old dec. 22

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 8:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Holidays

• I'm giving fudge. I have a million cans of carnation evap. milk....from WIC....but that's another rant in the politics and current events section.....
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 12:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You can always give them the "10 reasons gift".

Write down on nice paper 10 reasons why you love them or why they are special to you....go to the dollar store and buy a frame for each one, and frame it. Give it to them for Christmas. It's cheap but has a lot of meaning behind it. The two children really are very young. They honestly have not a clue as to what Christmas is about, so I truly would not worry about them if you don't have the money.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Im making fudge this weekend and wrapping it up in cello with a nice bow. I am also making homemade candles.

Answer by gemgem at 9:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• First, be thankful that the kids are so young. They won't care or know any different. Seriously, wrap some cardboard up and they will LOVE IT! I think just about every adult understands that any gift giving is really going to be limited to children this year. I'll think about some ideas and post them later if I get a chance.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 12:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I remember as a child making Christmas Tree Ornaments out of Plaster of Paris--using inexpensive candy/decorative plastic molds, water color paints, glitter and glue. You can buy everything at a craft type shop--would probably cost less than $10 for everything, and you can make DOZENS of gifts to exchange.

You can also make fun "IOU's" for when things turn around! When things get better (and I'm sure they will), you'll be able to look back on this Christmas and realize that even without lots of toys and stuff, you and your family survived, and most importantly you had family that loved and cared for each other, which is, the true meaning of the season!
    Anonymous