Do you shop at Aldi's?

I saw an Aldi's supermarket and checked their website; looks like a good place to shop. I want to check them out this weekend. Do you shop there? How are they?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:23 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I do, I buy our canned goods, cereal, milk, eggs, etc there. I stay away from the "meat" section because it is cheaper for me to buy it at our local Kroger store, i also do not buy tin foil and stuff like that there because it is cheaper at walmart or the dollar store. Go check it out, do a walk through first and see what you think and then go back through to buy it. That way you aren't overwhelmed (I get overwhelmed very easy and found that sometimes I save A LOT of money by doing that) The prices are reasonable for some stuff, outrageous for others, and a steal on some more lol.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:26 AM on May. 13, 2011

• The meat is way too expensive, and avoid their freezer section, too. Main thing I use them for is staples - flour, eggs, milk, etc. Usually they're cheaper than Kroger on that stuff, but not always, so it doesn't hurt to check the weekly circular for both stores (whatever your regular grocery store is) online. Always cheaper than WM. It varies store to store how good their produce is. I love that we have a good one, so they have a small but clean produce section, also runs cheaper than other stores. I know some people who swear by their skin care and cosmetics line, and in some places it's so coveted it gets shelf cleared as soon as they stock it.

As for non-food. Not crazy about their dishwasher detergent, but the regular dish soap is fine (we also have super hard water, so that's a factor). Paper products are all decent and run cheaper than elsewhere. They occasionally have one-time specials that are good, too.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:23 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I love Aldi. Best produce prices in town.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:30 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I prefer Aldi's over Save-a-lot. I wish we had one near here.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:42 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Only when I have very little money to shop. I dont like all of their items. I will buy their canned goods, milk and eggs, but everything else not so much.

Answer by gemgem at 7:42 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Heck yeah!! Their milk and eggs are staples in this house. Their produce is ALWAYS a good price. I can a lot of times get a .99 pineapple or cantaloup!! They have great sales and my kids love their 'nutirgrain bars' and 'fiber one bars'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:49 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I have heard a friend talk about Aldi. Never shopped there, our closest one is like an hour away. They are building one about 10 minutes from me and I will have to check it out.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 8:02 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I buy the basics there. I'm on a VERY tight budget & have my shopping list laid out to the penny. I've got it in an excel spreadsheet and everything. What would have cost me $125 at any other store ended up costing only $73. I always feel so proud of myself after shopping there. It's weird. lol
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:18 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes we do. I would not buy fresh fruits or veggies there. Otherwise we love going there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on May. 13, 2011

• i prefer save a lot to aldis but i do go there when i can milk is cheaper and the pizza i buy is only a 1.99 each there where it is 2.99 in our local store. but i have not been in a while i did hear they improved some of the food items they carry. there bread used to be so dry and the bananas always went bad fast as they were frozen before they were shipped.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 8:44 AM on May. 13, 2011