Here's a dumb question, but I'm seriously curious (ovulation question) adult content

What has your doctor told you about trying to get pregnant? Can you get pregnant just a few days before your period? Do you find that you ovulate more than once a month??

I read somewhere that you can get pregnant even on days that your doctor has told you that you can't...I've read that yes you can get pregnant a few days before your period and then a few days after, and yes even while you are on it....and also that some women ovulate more than once a month. So I'm curious to see if any doctors have told you ladies this, or if it's just some "magazine article".

I'm not a troll LOL... I'm curious because my doctor told me that there was only 3 days out of every month that I could get pregnant (and I know I didn't get pregnant within those three days lol) My youngest is 5 my oldest is 14 so I was told this about 15 years ago. Thanks ladies!!!!

kitchenwitch78

Asked by kitchenwitch78 at 7:34 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• The best way to determine when you can get pregnant is to check cervical fluid. (Google it, if you aren't familiar) If the the right kind is present, it helps the sperm survive until an egg is released. I know I have 5 days or so of fertile fluid each month. Counting days doesn't work because every woman is different.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:13 AM on May. 13, 2011

• There have been a lot of changes in the baby making field in 15 years. My mom's dr SWORE that my sister was conceived when my dad wasn't home, obviously my sister belongs to my dad. There are only three days out of every month that a woman can get pregnant. MOST women ovulate on days 14-17 of their cycle, some women ovulate before or after.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:45 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Your menstrual cycle dictates the days that conception may occur. Let's say that your period starts today May 13th the following days if you have intercourse are the days where conception might happen May 23rd, May 24th, May 25th, May 26th, May 27th, May 28th, May 29th. After May 30th the changes for you to get pregnant decreases.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I agree about the 3 days. But remember that the sperm can last up to 48 hours looking for an egg to ovulate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Same thing, dr said we conceived a day DH was out of town lol who really knows, but clearly she's his :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 8:20 AM on May. 13, 2011