Can I get your opinion please

My mommy passed away earlier this year and it has really been hard on me! My family fell apart and my father was extremely rude to my husband to the point I changed my number and have nothing to do with him. He contacted me through another website and I truly do miss my dad, but I am afraid that he will start his same bullshit again. He doesn't even know I am pregnant again it has been that long! Should I make amends and call him or write him off for good?

JustinScottsMom

Asked by JustinScottsMom at 11:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I would try to talk to him and tell him that this is his last chance and he has to respect you and your family if he wants to be in your life. I know it will be hard to tell him that but you will only have one father and I wouldn't want there to be any regrets if anything happens to him ya know.
    KayleeMommyDay

Answer by KayleeMommyDay at 11:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Oh my gosh!!! You should totally make amends with your dad! My dad passed away 3 years ago and our family fell apart...completely apart. My brother whom I have adored my whole entire life walked out of all of our lives after the funeral. I have tried so many times to see him and he tells me no. He's never met my daugther and we only live about 15 minutes from eachother. It breaks my heart so much....I love my brother and I miss him so bad. He said some really hurtful things to me, my mom and my sis.....but I forgive him a million times over. I just want my brother back. If your dad is willing to make the first move like he is then you should totally make peace with him. But, keep your guard up and don't let him hurt you again. Let him know how badly he hurt you and then forgive him. Good luck......this is just my opinion. Your post hit so close to home....Good luck sweets!
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 11:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Totally understandable and I get what you are saying but the man tries to cut my husband out of anything and everything possible and make him feel unlove and unwelcomed and uncomfortable as much as he can and I seriously cannot stand that Jeremy is the man I am spending my life with and the father of my children I cannot allow him to be walked by someone who thinks he is better than him but isn't.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 11:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I would give him another chance. People do some harsh things when they are grieving. We have been dealing with something similar in my family since my aunt passed away. My grandma has not been nice to people because she thinks that everyone should grieve like her. It has cause a lot of strain but I couldn't imagine not talking her. Maybe your dad wants to make amends because he realizes what he did was out of grief. Sometimes it's hard for people to realize that a death effects others besides themselves. My father in law acts like my mother in laws death only effect him. He says some mean things to my DH sometimes. Give your dad a chance to apologize and explain and then go from there.
    kittykat1919

Answer by kittykat1919 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Your right everyone, I just wrote my dad back and hopefully he will write again and I can give him my new number I just will be careful to how he treats my husband this time, thanks for all who voiced their opinions
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 12:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I totally agree with kitkat. Grief really does mess with people. Some people feel guilt and then that guilt turns to anger and rage sometimes too. The fact that your dad is reaching out to you is so huge. I think that my brother feels imbarrassed by the way that he handeled things and I think that's why he stays away. Your dad has to know that he was acting poorly too since you changed your number and everything. This truely is a huge step for your dad......cards on your table and should totally make a move!
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 12:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Give him a chance but have boundaries. Don't fall into the same traps, but try your best. Leave when it gets bad and try again next time.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I would try to talk to him. And if he seems sincere slowly let him back into your life but forewarn him if he hurts you again he's gone..Also he needs to have respect for your husband whether he likes him or not. You married him you have to deal with him!!! That's not your dad's business!!! His relationship with you and his grandkids is more important!
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I'll try to chat with him and see how reacts to you and your husband.
    LilOne1985

Answer by LilOne1985 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• TRY TO EMAIL HIM AND SEE WHAT HIS INTENTIONS ARE. THEN GO FROM THERE.
    DOVE5397

Answer by DOVE5397 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2008