my friend died and Im pregnant should I go to the funeral???

Out of all the funerals I been to ; about ten or more, I never seen a pregnant woman attending!!!! Are pregnant women not supposed to attend funerals, I heard that before or is that just crazy not to attend just because Im pregnant??

Asked by tatalalicious at 8:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I attended my aunts funeral about 6-7 months pregnant. My mom didn't really want me to go because she thought it might have some affect on the baby. I think she was worried about the stress and emotion of the day.

Answer by have2travel at 8:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have never heard that???? seems odd.

Answer by robinalbright at 8:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Never heard of it.

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I've never heard of not going just because you are pregnant, that seems odd to me. We lost my husband's Uncle, Father and Grandfather all while I was preggers with our first son and I attended all of the services. I would definitely go and pay final respects to my friend. Blessings to you.

Answer by Slinkee at 8:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My mom passed away last february and my cousin attended her fiuneral and she was pregnant, go pay respects to your friend nothing bad can come from it, get the closure you need

Answer by Married2theBest at 8:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I went to my SO's uncles funeral while I was 8m pregnant and I felt weird but Nobody made me feel bad.

Answer by edgpag at 8:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I've never heard of that either. If sounds like some kind of silly thing that would have taken place in the 1700's or something in England where there was meaning in EVERYTHING you did. I wouldn't worry about. Go pay your respects. I'm sorry for your loss.

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Its a old wives tale.. that if you go to a funeral while pregnant something will happen to the baby.

• I've never heard that either. Go pay your respects.

Answer by Bmat at 8:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I went to 3 while I was pregnant in 2007. I really don't think there's anything wrong with it, you should go.

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008