What's up with dd?

My 16 mo old DD LOVES LOVES LOVES to be outside. It is full on tantrum sometimes just trying to bring her in the house or if that door opens and she does not get to go out it. We take her to the park, my mom's, my grandparent's house; she just takes off and runs around playing. at Daycare it is finally getting dry enough for them to go outside, but her teacher said she just stands there! She said she will not get off the patio and go play. I couldn't beleive it when she said that! She said she even took dd over to the toys and the play house and she just walked back up the patio and stood there. I know kids (esp babies) do weird things, but I wonder what is up with this one? She has all kinds of things that she does at home that she won't do at daycare adn vice versa (She NEVER throws atantrum at dc, but at dc she refuses to use a sippy cup and at home she sucks tehm down like crazy.) But this one is sooo out of character for her.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 7:35 AM on May. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• She isnt comfortable there yet.

Answer by gemgem at 7:41 AM on May. 13, 2011

• i agree, she's still getting used to the strange and new surroundings, she doesn't know how to act there yet.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:43 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My kids were different at daycare too They stopped a bottle at daycare at 1 year. But had to have it at home until 2 1/2. They napped no problem at daycare. Give her time, she's fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:06 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Sounds to me like she's taking everything in and getting familiar with the surroundings there. Give it some time, and she'll be running around with the rest of the group and pitching one heck of a fit for them when they try to get her inside. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:16 AM on May. 13, 2011