What is the craziest diet you have ever tried or heard of?

When my cousin lost too much weight, she was only eating carrots and celery. She ended up in the hospital because of severe stomach pain. They said her stomach was as red as the Marlboro box of cigarettes.
I am thinking of taking laxatives a few times a week and getting back into juicing once or twice a day. Mostly because of my IBS but I think it might help me lose quite a bit of weight too. I always feel so crampy and bloat so bad when I eat anything. It just makes me feel bigger.
What have you tried that wasn't a textbook diet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Chew your food 32 times and then spit it out. Who has time to chew that much? And that can't be healthy at all!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:30 PM on May. 13, 2011

• This wierd liquid diet. For a while my husband and I were eating mostly liquids; smoothies, shakes, ceranberry juices, V8 juice, water, etc. It does flush your system but you are hungry. That only lasted a few days!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 7:50 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I think the current "crazy diet" would have to go to HCG diet....500 calories a day is NOT healthy
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:41 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My friend in HS did the saltine crackers and water only diet. What an idiot!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on May. 13, 2011

• back in the early 90s, several co-workers were doing the 'cabbage soup' diet...that's all they ate, all day. boy, did it stink up the salon! not to mention, it STANK UP THE BATHROOMS, too!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:56 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Last year i went thru a cottage cheese diet while taking lingzhi and working out 3 times a week...i lost 26 pounds in a months time....and i kept it off...i just gotta get back tot he work out routine :)
    kovs_mama

Answer by kovs_mama at 2:52 PM on May. 13, 2011

• That's called BULIMIA if you take laxatives to lose weight!! I you want to avoid feeling crampy and bloated, lower your sodium and processed food intake, and increase your fiber through whole grains, fruits and veggies, and increase your water intake. By taking laxatives with any regularity like that, your body will adjust, which means you'll need more and more to make it work. It's terrible for you.
    To answer your question, the weirdest diet I've heard of is the hCG diet, and the weirdest one I've tried is SlimFast. I'm having a lot of success through eating clean now, over 60 lbs lost! I'd highly recommend it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:35 AM on May. 15, 2011