Do children in DC do much better with transitions?

Basic things such as potty training, getting rid of the bottle, less tantrums, more verbal, etc.

DC = Day Care

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's not an all or nothing thing and there is a lot of variability based on individual children and parenting. However, I do think more kids in day care do transition on more of a schedule because 1) facilities will maintain schedules regardless of individual teacher preferences, 2) the "herd mentality" kicks in (if a bunch of kids are already doing something, joining them is easy), and 3) day care is 100% about the kid and a SAHM is often taking care of lots of other things too (housework, errands, etc.). But it isn't a direct thing - bad daycares are far worse than good SAHMs and bad SAHMs are far worse than good daycares.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:16 AM on May. 13, 2011

• some do, some don't.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:02 AM on May. 13, 2011

• No.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:02 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I don't think so. My kids are in daycare. They have never had one tantrum, extremely verbal, potty trained at 3, had the bottle until almost 3. I just think it's the individual child.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:02 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Thank you ladies. I have met a couple of mothers who are so thankful of placing their children in DC because they couldn't deal with temper tantrums.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:10 AM on May. 13, 2011

• These moms that you are speaking of don't have to deal with these issues as much because their children are in day care, plus not all children are prone to tantrams. 

sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 8:20 AM on May. 13, 2011