Shared Sacrifice or Shared Prosperity

Which would you prefer? Is it just a matter of perspective?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:17 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Shared prosperity.

Answer by older at 8:17 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I think it's a matter of perspective. One person's shared sacrifice is someone else's shared prosperity. Sounds an a lot like redistribution.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 8:21 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I would think the two go hand in hand
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:21 AM on May. 13, 2011

• The ideal is that if you share the sacrifice, that in the time of plenty you would share
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:26 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I think DSamuels nailed it.  The sacrifice of some will be the prosperity of others. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:02 AM on May. 13, 2011

• How about both?

If most of the country lives in poverty,,,quality of life crimes will affect EVERYONE

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:29 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Why should I sacrifice?

I didn't do anything to anybody.

We weren't taking a penny from anyone when all the crap hit the fan.
    We pay our way and want to be left alone.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:18 AM on May. 13, 2011

• We've worked all of our lives to do what we're doing now. The idea of 'sharing' isn't part of the gov't. I grew up with and respect, and it isn't one I would support ~ even by lip service or under force.

On the other hand, it makes me giggle a bit thinking about those who would like it trotting out to use the sawdust potty, shoveling out the pig pen, or using a hand tool to dig holes for fence posts. Anyone want to "share"?

I really don't. This is MY life. MY dream. MY goals. I don't want 'help' attaining them, and I don't want to compromise and acccept a few of anyone elses' life, dream, or goals. What I want and need is far different than what most of America wants ~ and our democratic republic makes it possible for me to live my life in spite of/alongside those with different goals. Making me 'share' would obliterate most of mine. Sorry, but I prefer neither.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:55 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I guess another way of looking at it is that if you prosper, you should sacrifice your proserity so that others may proser also. And again, that is basically redistribution.

I don't mind sharing by MY choice, it's when it is a FORCED sharing that people object. Unless of course, they are the recipients of the sharing.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 12:55 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Socialism, no thanks.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:13 PM on May. 13, 2011