Has anyone Got pregnant after having their tubes cut, tied and burnt?

three yrs ago i had my tubes cauterized and my last period was november 2 2008 since my tubal my period has always every 28 days, last week i had a few sharp pains and then the last four or five days everthing ive ate has went through me but only in the evening.....just wanted to know if anyone else has went through this...

WvMommyof3

Asked by WvMommyof3 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My friends daughter in law got pregnant 10yrs after having her tubes tied and burnt. Very rare happening. I believe there is approx. 3% chance of pregnancy after tubes tied. The longer you have your tubes tied the higher the chance of becoming pregnant. Not sure how the percentage would work on that one but that is what I have read and studied.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have two friends who got pregnant after having their tubes tied. One was a successful pregnancy the other was ectopic.

Answer by gemgem at 9:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i know people who have got preg. after getting their tubes done. my sister in law got preg. a couple years she had hers done. i believe that when i signed my paperwork for mine the dr told me 1 in every 300 woman still end up getting preg.
    estes_4life

Answer by estes_4life at 7:11 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• also i would just go get checked out just in case cause my friend got preg. not to long ago and actually was having some really bad pain. all in 5 minutes she found out she was preg. and having a miscarriage. the baby was a tubal and it wasnt good. NOT trying to scare you but it clear the air and make sure everything is ok i would get checked
    estes_4life

Answer by estes_4life at 7:14 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Those sypmtoms could also be one of a variety of other things. My advice is to go see a doctor right away, just in case something is wrong.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 8:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2008