Do you need a snowuit for a baby if you have one of those things you put over the carseat?

my baby will be 2 months old when it starts getting into the colder weather. I have one of those things that you put over the carseat to keep baby warm. Well if I put like 2 blacnkets over the baby along with that will baby need a snowsuit? I am trying to save a little money and stuff, but my grandma throws a fit if I don't use a snowsuit. For my first dd the snowsuit I had for her at 6 months old she didn't think it was heavy enough so she went out and bought be one for her for christmas that was very heavy that shw would sweet in it was so heavy. So if I don't use one with this baby my grandma will probably throw a fit, but yet I have one of those things to put over baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do not use a snowsuit when the child is in the car seat. It's not safe.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:19 AM on May. 13, 2011

• No snowsuit in carseats, it gives the belt extra room and could be dangerous in case of an accident.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:21 AM on May. 13, 2011

• It depends how cold it gets where you live. I never used a snow suit until they were around 4-6 months old. That was because we go outside in the snow and play so they need one. To go to and from the dr, or store or to visit family I didnt use one. I bundled them up since we were going from the house to the car and back indoors anyway.

Answer by gemgem at 9:19 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I live in Michigan and never used a snow suit. Only that cars cover. I don't think i ever used extra blanket unless really cold. my boys were very warm. Tell your grandmother like the others said snowsuit plus car seat equals one unsafe baby.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 9:37 AM on May. 13, 2011

• No you don't need one. My middle son was born during the coldest Oct we'd had in 100 years, very cold and I never used a snowsuit. I had a little suit made out of sweatshirt material that I'd put on him, them a warm quilted cover for the carseat. He was fine. Unless you are going to be spending a lot of time outside, the cover and a sweater will be fine.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:16 AM on May. 13, 2011

• You should NEVER use a snowsuit, or bulky/puffy coat in a carseat. Blankets are just fine :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:52 PM on May. 13, 2011