STOP WHINING!!!!!!

My 3 yo had learned he got what he wanted form his daddy if he whined....something I tried to not allow but he always went against me on...we are not together have not been sine Nov. and I still cant seem to brake him of his whining...I don't give into it at all,but he has a high pitched voice to begin with so when he whines it's ear piercing and I cant stand it...any suggestions?

happymama02

Asked by happymama02 at 9:31 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Corner time everytime he whines, DD is the same way when she sees her dad, shes little miss princess who gets to do whatever she wants. we just give her time outs until she can either stop whining or ask for what she wants without whining and throwing a fit.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:35 AM on May. 13, 2011

• The easiest way I got my son to stop "although temporarily" was to turn to him and say "I can not understand you when you whine, when you can talk in your calm voice then I will be able to listen" I repeated this endlessly sometimes, but eventually he did "get it" and stopped.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:51 PM on May. 13, 2011

• AHHH>.. I feel for you Mommy.. My son has that normally and daily - It gets hard to take.. :( I put my son in his room instantly good luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:52 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My ex intentionally undermines my authority, blatantly telling the children he will reward them for bad behavior. All they have to do is talk on the phone with him and the result is misery.
    I explain that bad behavior does not get them what they want, and make them sit down with their toes straight, and their hand sin their lap. They *hate* it. They also stop whining.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:54 PM on May. 13, 2011

• My daughter has been doing that lately too... I tell her that I cannot understand what she is saying and I make her sit in the "time-out chair" until she can talk to me like a big girl, and I walk away from her
    Kats86

Answer by Kats86 at 3:04 PM on May. 13, 2011