Do you ever get in moods where you really want to go shopping?

im not a compulsive shopper or anything, i know if i don't have the money not to buy it, and my priorities are straight enough to where i put necessities before wants. however there are days that i really really want to buy new clothes for my girls! today is one of them. i want to load them all up in the car, drive to the mall and make a day out of it. i don't want to blow our savings or anything, but i want to buy atleast 2 new outfits for each of them (i have three) and technically i do need tankini's for my younger two. even if i do go to the mall, though, i know i will end up putting everything back on the shelf because the guilt will eat away at me. money is tight right now, nobody actually "needs" clothes right now, their current clothes fit just fine. *sigh* am i the only weird one?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:32 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Shopping

• I'm in that mood everyday :)
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 9:33 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Yes, all the time.... but my banking accounts quickly squash those ideas.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 9:45 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I know what your going through, its the starve factor. Number one reason diets don't work is because the system of denial goes against our natural impulse to expand and go. This natural impulse drives the idea that we want what we don't have and gives us the motivation to go get it, regardless of if it will actually help us. So, essentially you have been on a spending diet. You want what you can't have, that piece of perverbial chocolate cake begging to be eaten or, in your case, those adorable dresses for your daughters. If you would like to avoid those feelings of guilt you get, I suggest try budgeting some mad money. Even if its only a few dollars you can spend, you'll feel better and more balanced (no feelings of guilt). Really, trying to ignore the problem just makes it harder and potentially more damaging when you lose control of the impulse.
    photojoy

Answer by photojoy at 9:48 AM on May. 13, 2011

• aww thanks anon! :)
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:40 AM on May. 13, 2011