Is it bad to give my 11 month old greek yogurt?

I eat Fage greek yogurt almost every morning, so I keep tons of it around. Its not organic, but it is all natural. A month ago, I had one of my friends watch my daughter for a few hours early in the morning and she shared one of my fruit yogurt combos with my daughter. Understand first that we are trying to wean her off of purees (without much luck), so my husband and I have been feeding our daughter bits from our plate and all of our friends know this. I'm not mad at my friend and my daughter has had those gerber yogurts before. I'm actually very surprised that she likes it since greek yogurt has a really strong bite to it. But ever since then, every time I eat the yogurt in front of her, she really wants some of it. I means she'll do anything her little 1 year old mind can come up with to get it. I've given in a few times, but am I hurting her?

photojoy

Asked by photojoy at 9:33 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's just yogurt that's been strained; there's nothing in it that isn't in regular yogurt, so if she likes it, I can't see how it would be a problem.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:51 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Nothing wrong with it; it's actually healthier - higher in protein and such - let her have it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on May. 13, 2011

• This should be okay.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:34 AM on May. 13, 2011

• My old boss gave it to her twins, and trust me, she is very VERY picky about healthy for her kids ,like a crazy lady :)
    So if she gave it to them, you can lol.
    Cherrycatt

Answer by Cherrycatt at 12:08 PM on May. 13, 2011