Is this normal....baby isn't kicking that much.

I don't go back to tje dr until the 23rd, but thia baby doesn't kick that much. My girls kicked nonstop all the time. Pregnant with another girl. I am 27 weeks and 3 days along. This baby hasn't kicked much my whole pregnancy. I had an ultrasound done last Thursday. But this baby only time it kicks is normally after I eat something or for a few minutes when going to bed at night. Then it will kick if dh and I go somewhere and we drive the van. But other than that this baby doesn't kick. And the kicks are very light. Every now and then my belly gets hard where baby is laying until she moves, but is it normal not to feel the baby all that much? I started feeling kicks between 10-12 weeks and they haven't ever been more than like a light tap. The baby is measuring 2 pounds and 5 ounces so I figure the kicks should somwhat be strong by now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• each baby is different, even in the womb. Doing kick counts may help ease your mind. You can talk to your care provider about how to do them or look it up online.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 9:44 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Its normal, I had 3 boys and none of them kicked that much. If you are that concerned call doctor. good luck mama.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 9:44 AM on May. 13, 2011

• As long as the ultrasound came out good & the heartbeat was normal, she may just be a mellow baby. If you are very active during the day (I assume you are with 2 other children) then maybe you are just rocking her to sleep regularly with your movement. Eat something really sweet & see if she moves then. Otherwise call your OB.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:54 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I have 2 kids one is in all day kindergarden and one is in half day preschool mon-fri 8-1130 so while the kids aren't at home I pretty much sit do my own thing since I have no kids lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 AM on May. 13, 2011