Did anyone watch that story about the woman in labor that got pulled over by a state trooper? Oh that would make me mad!

He wanted her to "prove" she was pregnant! She was having contractions 3 minutes apart and he pulled them over, made them wait while he gave someone else a ticket then gave them a ticket. That is over stepping some serious bounderies if you ask me! They were headed to the hospital and she was obviously pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't hear about that. I guess some troopers have heard all the excuses so they just don't believe them all. We called pulled over when I was in labor and the cop ended up escorting me to the hospital lights flashing and sirens blazing.
    maryroses

Answer by maryroses at 9:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Saw that too. What an ass.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Atleast your cop was nice..
    Anonymous

• I know people do it, but they told me (hospital orientation) when I was pregnant that if who ever was driving me felt the need to speed, then we should call an ambulance because it wasn't safe for us, the baby or others.
    Easier said than done, I know. I understand why they got pulled over, and cops today get so many excuses. Putting myself in the officer's spot, (and not having an article to read) I am not so sure he overstepped bouds.
    Imagine if the driver had gotten in an accident from speeding and she lost the baby. Would speeding had been worth it?
    myame

Answer by myame at 9:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think the issue was not so much the speeding, the father was driving down the breakdown lane after they got caught in a huge traffic snarl. They had already passed two patrolmen who told them to proceed with caution, but cop #3 decided to be a dick and right them a ticket for unlawful use of the breakdown lane.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• that was bad judgment and you'll never know if what they say is true or not but why take the chance. he shouldn't of taken it and let them be. i'm sure though that the ticket was thrown out. did she make it to the hospital on time to deliver there? the 2 others cops should of called the other cops on radio and informed them of what they witness and that they okayed it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yea they weren't speeding, he just didn't like what they were doing and wanted some $$$
    Anonymous

• Gotcha. I didn't get the article/news clip Thanks!
    myame

Answer by myame at 10:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I read the article just before coming over here and had mentioned it to my husband (who's a trooper.) He says you wouldn't believe how many people use the "Pregnant, in labor, going to the hospital" as an excuse to try and get out of a ticket for whatever. Somebody had probably just pulled it on this young, inexperienced officer and he had decided not to get tricked again. The couple got to the hospital in plenty of time and plan to contest the ticket. Most troopers will let someone go if there is the slightest chance that it really is a woman in labor. Escort them sirens blazing if possible. The last thing they want is to be in a lawsuit for a childbirth that goes wrong.
    Anonymous

• i havent read the article but why didnt the other 2 cops escort them to the hospital?! that way they could get to the hospital quickly w/o breaking the law.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2008