Acid Reflux and Zantac

Can I use anything other than zantac for my DD reflux? she is 7 months... I was thinking they have baby gas x, and normally when adults have reflux or gas they take them and it works fine...but baby gas x says for gas...do u think it will help with reflux too? has anyone tried it with their baby

johnsonbaby03

Asked by johnsonbaby03 at 9:51 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had awful acid reflux and colic and was on the liquid Zantac. I used the Baby Gas Relief drops as well. I think it helped. It seemed like I was constantly patting his back...
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 9:56 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Check with Pediatrician.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:11 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Gas X is not for reflux. Gas X has the same ingredients as all the infant gas drops. Is the Zantac working? My son was on Axid, in the same family as Zantac. The next class of meds for reflux are PPI's such as Prevacid, Nexium, Prilosec...etc.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:46 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Ive tried colic calm for my baby with reflux..I liked to say it helped but didnt do the trick with reflux..his Dr prescribed prilosec which did wonders except gave him diarrhea..tried zantac for about a month and it didnt work for us..I ended up giving my little guy the prilosec for two weeks to start then once in the morning and the colic calm at night..GL!!!
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 3:06 PM on May. 13, 2011