What should I do with my son??

He has been very moody lately. I got an e-mail yesterday from his teacher asking if there was something wrong besides asking if he wanted to change taking his exams to another day. My mil came over. She asked us to go shopping with her two days in a row. My son stayed home and moped around so my mil asked my son about a girl and he said I don't know ask her. It ends up he had a fight with a girl and he is so sensitive now...Wht should I do? What about my husband??? All he does is yell at the kid just because he answered that way to his mom.Advice is greatly appreciated..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• BEING A MOTHER OF 3 YOUNG MEN,AND HAVING TO RAISE THEM ALONE AS A SINGLE PARENT,I HAD TO DEAL WITH IT ALL. I HAD TO BE THE MOTHER AND THE FAO BE GOOD DESENHER.I WAS THE ONE THAT HAD TO TEACH THEM HOW TO BE GOOD DESENT MEN.I HAD TO TEACH THEM ABOUT IN AND EVERYTHING,FROM ACNE TO ZITS.MY ADVICE TO YOU IS SIT HIM DOWN AND LET HIM KNOW THAT THERE IS NOTHING IN THE WORLD THAT HE CAN'T TALK TO YOU ABOUT.ASSURE HIM THAT YOU WILL NOT JUDGE HIM OR THE GIRL FOR WHATEVER REASON.LET HIM KNOW THAT YOU AER THERE TO LISTEN AND GIVE THEM GOOD SOUND ADVICE.AND AS FOR YOUR HUSBAND,TALK TO HIM IT'S UP TO BREAK THE CYCLE OF SCREAMING AND YELLING FOR HIS FURTURE GRANDCHILDREN.HE NEED TO LOOK BACK TO WHEN HIS MOTHER WAS DOING IT TO HIM AND REFLECT ON HOW HE FELT,AND I TRULY BELIEVE IF HE GIVE IT SOME THOUGH HE WILL SEE THE DAMAGE HIS MOTHER DONE TO HIM.AND I PRAY THAT HE WOULDN'T WANT TO DO IT TO HIS KIDS.
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 10:27 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Just let him know if he need to talk you are there for him. Also let him know that you understand that he is having a bad day but he can't be rude to his grandmother. That is unacceptable. Keep an eye on him it could just be that he's 15 and he just might need some time and space.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 10:05 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Sounds like normal stuff. Give him space and support.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:06 AM on May. 13, 2011

• i agree with space.. "he's at that going from a boy to a man stage".
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 10:07 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Unfortunately it is something he's going to have to work out on his own and in his time.... the BEST thing for you and hubby to do it NOT to overreact and to let him know that you're there for him and there will be lots of days like this and to just deal with it the best way he knows how within his heart.

Brace yourself.... its just the beginning!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 10:07 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Don't push him please.. show him your support and help him find things to get his mind off of this girl. My parents brushed all my feelings off with a simple "he is a jerk" and disregarded how i personally felt. I felt so worthless and hopeless that at this age (15) i thought I didn't want to live anymore and tried to kill myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on May. 13, 2011

• He is 15.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:59 AM on May. 13, 2011

• i think you should support the kid and let him know that he's going to have let downs in life and thats ok, but he's going to have to find a way to better handle some of the failures......if the mood persits for more then a week i would talk to a consuler at his school or privately.....and tell your hubby to back off the kid he's a teenager.....they get moody
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:03 AM on May. 13, 2011

• He is my one and only. I am trying very hard to be there for him but he does not like to talk about girl issues. He will live and learn. His grandmother is the typical inquisitive grandmother , just trying to make conversation.He needs to get a thicker skin....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:10 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Aww. I am very shy by nature and soft spoken. I always try to reason with him in a positive manner. Anon, I am glad that you worked thing out. But my son can not keep himself bottled up, it is not healthy. He needs to vent and talk, it will make things so you don't think too much, especially by yourself. It just magnifies things and just makes it so overdramatic in your head. We want him to just talk about his feelings.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:21 AM on May. 13, 2011