Bed Bugs?

Has anyone dealt with bed bugs in their home? If so, how did you get rid of them? I think I brought them home from a trip I had a while back and now I have a full on infestation. They are evil little creatures and make my skin crawl. I had covered my mattresses but i guess it ripped cuz they are in force now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• oh no! No I havent had any problems with them Thank god, so im not much help, Try googling it, Im not 100% sure but I think the only way to get rid of them is to get rid of the mattress. but there might be some other ways.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 10:16 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I actually work for a bed bug killing company, so I think I can help you. They are hard little things to kill, as they are kind of hard to see and the eggs are impossible to find. If you lift up the corner of your mattress and see little black dots and/or shed skin, that is a sign of an infestation. Your 1st step is finding out how bad the infestation is. You might have it only in your bedroom, or it could be all over the house. You can pay someone to inspect your house, or have a trained dog come in to sniff out bed bugs, that way you know where you need to treat it. If you need more info feel free to message me, I can answer all of your questions and recommend some products if you need some.
    siera_lyn

Answer by siera_lyn at 10:28 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I was told by a local company here that there is no product to kill them siear lyn, is that not true? They said they have to come in and seal your house and then heat it up to crazy temps so that it will kill them.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 2:11 PM on May. 13, 2011

• The heat treatment does work, but it is super expensive and it's only done 1 time so if you miss any eggs or bugs then you get them all over again. We have a product it's fairly new called Bug-e Spray, it kills bed bugs, roaches, lice, fleas, and a few others. It melts their exterior and their eggs, so they die within minutes. It's a contact killer, but we are working on a product that's preventative but it's not sold yet. You can check it out on http://www.greenremediation.net/. Don't worry i'm not trying to pimp this stuff out, I didn't make it I'm just a secretary for the owners lol.
    siera_lyn

Answer by siera_lyn at 2:46 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Also, I don't know how local you are, but it's sold in Drug Mart all over Ohio and it's going to be in Bed Bath and Beyond in Ohio in a week or two.
    siera_lyn

Answer by siera_lyn at 2:47 PM on May. 13, 2011

• honestly I'd call a professional exterminator just to make sure the problem is dealt with that way you're not questioning if you did the right thing or not!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:38 PM on May. 13, 2011

• I haven't dealt with them.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• nope, ewwww
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:35 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Where can you get the spray from?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:14 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Havent had any problems with them
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 4:44 AM on May. 14, 2011