Want to visit my family but bf does not want me to go...

My bf and my family are not at its best in relationship right now. He and I recently had a child and now he's saying he does not want the baby around my family and he don't like them...ya ya ya. I will only be gone for 3 days and I do not want to lie to him or make excuses but i really want to go and visit and take a break from being home...so what can i do?

KheiyahIsLife

Asked by KheiyahIsLife at 10:44 AM on May. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell him to kiss your ass. It's your family and seeing the baby won't kill him, you'll be back and everything will be fine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on May. 13, 2011

• OMG...my boyfriend is the same way. We were actually just talking about that this morning. Tell him he needs to get over it and act like an adult. It's not like you're leaving for good. And they're family, so he's going to have to get used to the fact that they are going to be in the baby's life!! Find out what it is that they don't like about each other and try and fix it if you can!
    suzanne6981

Answer by suzanne6981 at 10:46 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Don't let him control you like that. Just because they dont' get along doesn't mean you can never see your family or that your family doesn't have the right to have this child in their life. Make the choice by yourself and work this out as a couple so its not a block for your child to deal with
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:47 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Keeping you from your family is the first step in having full control over you and isolating you. Either he gets over it, or he moves out.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:48 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I agree with the 3pps.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:49 AM on May. 13, 2011

• well i would love to do that but i dont know what will happen. I dont want to be disrespectful and act like his feelings are not valid. i have a 4yr old and a 3 month old baby. I am at home all the time and he's at work most of the time. He wants me to pick him up from work at night. I just want a break. He feels like my family is an influence but I say we are the biggest influences in our relationship. He has terrible influences at work and who he hangs out with...i just want some chill time.
    KheiyahIsLife

Comment by KheiyahIsLife (original poster) at 10:52 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I totally agree with Candi. How old are you guys if you don't mind me asking?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:52 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Family is forever. Just sayin.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 10:53 AM on May. 13, 2011

• You know my DH doesn't like my family either. But it's because growing up they treated me like crap and some even try to do it now. But he would never tell me we couldn't see them (or that I couldn't go up by myself or with the boys alone as long as we had the money).
    I would just tell you bf that you can't pick your family and neither can he. Then tell him when you're leaving.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 10:53 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I am 24 and he is 31
    KheiyahIsLife

Comment by KheiyahIsLife (original poster) at 10:55 AM on May. 13, 2011